What? Google Sites is an online program that has many different gadgets that a teacher can use.
So What? It has been very worthwhile experience setting up my own Google Site. I will be able to use this same site when I become a teacher. I realize that teaching a class takes a lot of work and you have to stay organized. Google Sites can keep a teacher on tract and help them accomplish their goals for their class.
What Now? My students will know what to expect out of my classes. Through this site they will be able to learn a lot about English ideas outside of class. A click of the mouse and they will be taking in important information.
What? The announcement page on Google Sites.
So What? My students will be able to know about what is going on in English outside of class. For example, poetry readings or other English meetings. Maybe I will give a little bit of extra credit. This portion of the website will encourage me to stay focused with what is going on in the community concerning English. Also, It is a way to quickly get information across to my students.
What Now? After making up announcements and other things for my “class” I can hardly wait until I am teaching. I will be very detailed in explaining what I expect out of my class. Google Sites will aid me in succeeding in my goal.
What? Tools page on Google Sites.
So What? As I am going to teach English the tool section will really benefit my students. Instead of stressing about how to site a source they will be able to go to my site and easily remember. For example, I put a link to a MLA format site on my tool page. My students will be ready to write and feel confident because of such helpful information.
Now What? In the next while I will continually think of other tools that could be helpful to my students. (Beyond the ones I already did)
Video: Mr. Duey’s Fractions y Introducing Web 2.0
In the video, Mr. Duey’s Fractions, he seemed to repeat the phrase, “Teach you everything you know about fractions make it easy.” This is a great statement because my best teachers made concepts somewhat easier for me. It is not that the material is easy but a teacher can choose to break down a concept and make it more understandable. (I believe this is very important) The idea that all your students can do it and accomplish their goal. In my opinion, making a subject easier can mean saying things like “Everyone can get this, we can do it, you’ll understand it tomorrow if not today.” These ideas will bring great comfort to students, as it has to me in the past. In the video, Introducing Web 2.0— it was confusing for me. I have always had a hard time figuring out computers or computer concepts but I was still able to understand some key ideas from the video. (That we have learned in class) I think it is neat that I am learning about these computer words. Such as wiki that was mentioned in the video. (Is a collaborative website) As I am learning about all these internet sites, I am excited to use them in my classroom, as it will benefit my students.
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment