UEN: This is Worthwhile to Learn!
●I’m so proud of myself for figuring out UEN and accomplishing the Scavenger Hunt. I left class scared to death thinking it was impossible. I really liked the Pioneer Library because as I become an English teacher that will become necessary. The library has reliable information that you can count on unlike Google. For example in the library the SIRS Discoverer Deluxe, I will be able to go to find information to add to my lesson plans. In addition, EBSCO is also a good resource in finding information. I rely on having a UVU account to access search engines but after school I would not have known where or what to do when it comes to researching. Now I know I can count on my UEN account for finding information.
●I’m so proud of myself for figuring out UEN and accomplishing the Scavenger Hunt. I left class scared to death thinking it was impossible. I really liked the Pioneer Library because as I become an English teacher that will become necessary. The library has reliable information that you can count on unlike Google. For example in the library the SIRS Discoverer Deluxe, I will be able to go to find information to add to my lesson plans. In addition, EBSCO is also a good resource in finding information. I rely on having a UVU account to access search engines but after school I would not have known where or what to do when it comes to researching. Now I know I can count on my UEN account for finding information.
●Another great tool in having UEN is being able to access fun interactive for your students. I posted a spelling one on my site which would be very beneficial to my students in learning new words. The benefit from interactives is students learn without realizing their learning. They take in information as they play games like spelling hangman. I see myself using these things a lot to help my students learn and accomplish their goals.
●Through the UEN site teachers have access to many lesson plans. There were so many for me to choose from for English seventh graders. When I become a teacher, this will be very helpful to read others ideas and apply them to the lesson plans that I have prepared. In looking at others ideas, I will be more able to teach my students lessons that are more efficient. I’m very open-minded and love to hear what others think and to share my ideas. UEN makes this concept possible for teachers.
●UEN also have easy access to all core curriculums. It makes it so easy if I were to change grades, I could easily figure out what I needed to teach within a click of a button. This is the most important part in teaching because it’s what is needed to be taught. As discussed in other classes teachers have a moral responsibility to teach what is required. We always want to start with the core then shape our lessons around these requirements.
●One of my favorite things from the Pioneer Library was CultureGrams. In a click of a button, you know what it is like to live in a foreign country. There are no longer excuses to be naive of other cultures. I see my students using this device to learn about other people in different countries. Now this is truly being educated.
●I also think it is neat all the information UEN has on local schools around the valley. When I’m looking for a job, I’ll know where I can start. It’s so convenient! As nervous as I was about this UEN site it is so rewarding to learn about all of these things that will make my life so much easier as a teacher. Then not to mention I’ll be a much better teacher with this website.
“Did You Know” VIDEO
As teacher’s we should be asking ourselves, “What are we doing to make our students literate in the twenty-first century?” This was a question asked on the video and it is a question that will keep us accountable. We should be teaching our children with all the available learning devices. However, I often struggle with computers and dread using them, which is not fair to my students. I believe that’s why I am in this class to be educated and learn about important things I need to know to teach my students more efficiently. As explained in the video things have continually changed over the last twenty to thirty years. Things will not be the same yesterday as they are today. The video also said something like, “We prepare students for jobs that do not exist and prepare them to solve problems that do not exist.” I feel that knowledge and learning is like building blocks. For example, as students learn to use technology that alone will lead to something else that they will be able to solve or fix using their background of computers. I will be teaching students who will see evolution in their world that surrounds them. I hope that they will be excited and ready for anything as things continue to change in the future and for the better.
“Did You Know” VIDEO
As teacher’s we should be asking ourselves, “What are we doing to make our students literate in the twenty-first century?” This was a question asked on the video and it is a question that will keep us accountable. We should be teaching our children with all the available learning devices. However, I often struggle with computers and dread using them, which is not fair to my students. I believe that’s why I am in this class to be educated and learn about important things I need to know to teach my students more efficiently. As explained in the video things have continually changed over the last twenty to thirty years. Things will not be the same yesterday as they are today. The video also said something like, “We prepare students for jobs that do not exist and prepare them to solve problems that do not exist.” I feel that knowledge and learning is like building blocks. For example, as students learn to use technology that alone will lead to something else that they will be able to solve or fix using their background of computers. I will be teaching students who will see evolution in their world that surrounds them. I hope that they will be excited and ready for anything as things continue to change in the future and for the better.

No comments:
Post a Comment