Lessons Learned: Many
•After studying the articles and watching several articles my eyes have definitely been opened. I can’t believe how technology is changing our lives in many positive ways. I would have never thought I would live to see the day when schools stop producing year books and creating small magazines instead. This idea of course is because of technology and yearbooks are no longer needed because of Facebook and similar sites. Then I also would have never thought that teachers could create online virtual sites for their students cutting down on educational expensive. Then not to mention computers with touch screens, who would have thought. Then in the article titled, “The New WWW,” it talks about how technology is going to become faster than ever and that it will flow from movie to video conference. (Etc) Technology is going to stream so easily and make our learning experiences happen quicker. We will be able to accomplish a lot more in one day as teachers. This idea of streaming is unbelievable to me and its exciting that it will happen in the near future. Technology is evolving whether our past generations like it or not and this is why it is so important to be willing to learn it.
• Another lesson learned for me is concerning short hand. Until now, I haven’t taken notice to the never ending amount of short hand phrases that exist. I have noticed in my classes that several of my teachers and classmates use short hand phrases. I’m usually the one out of the loop and confused for the first moment or two until someone tells me what these abbreviations mean. In the article titled, “The Next Generation of Online Shorthand,” reiterates that internet short hand is always changing. I think the best way to keep updated is every so often take notice of the lingo used on blogs and other sites. Lastly I keep hearing about podcasts and have finally figured out the definition. It’s an internet based learning device that can help teachers and students learn about information.
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment