WebQuest Final
My group has worked hard to finish our WebQuest. In the past, I have not enjoyed group projects but my thoughts are now changing. Having four people coming up with ideas was wonderful. We would have never come up with such a thought provoking project without the help of each other. The best part is we created something great in a manageable amount of time because we each took a different role in the project. I can envision myself working at a school and working together with other seventh grade teachers and coming up with a WebQuest. From this experience, I will be even more willing to work with others and look for opportunities to do so. The students will benefit most from their teachers working together. More brains are always better than one.
In my group, our WebQuest was for students to make a four stanza Found poem. As a group, we came up and created two different examples. I see myself doing this in the future with other WebQuests I create in my classes. It helps students to see some of the overall expectations of something as driven and direct as a WebQuest.
Our group did a lot of researching of authors in creating our WebQuest. Our students would take notice and study several authors making the project a worthwhile learning experience. When I am a teacher, I also see myself doing a lot of research and checking out sources finding the best ones. In doing so, you put a lot of thinking in the project and your students will benefit a lot.
Video: “Do You Believe?"
Dalton Sherman makes teachers and many others realize how important it is to believe in students. He says, “Do you believe in me, I believe in me.” For me that means caring about your students and trusting them to succeed. When I am a teacher I want to make sure, I encourage and help my students find an inner confidence. (Especially if they do not already have it) I see myself giving assignments and guiding them in the right direction giving feedback. When my students make mistakes or cannot understand a concept I will say, “YOU CAN DO IT! We will do it together.” Sherman brings up an important point about teachers working together. It is so important to trust your fellow coworkers. Just as I will believe in my students, I should also believe in my colleague’s. I know I will have a large respect for the people I work with and will be excited to ask for help or ideas. Overall, after listening to Sherman’s confidence tells me, anything is possible and as he explains, we should make the sky our limit for our students.
Saturday, October 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment