Thursday, October 29, 2009

My Beliefs

My Beliefs: It’s Figured Out!

•As I have been studying technology this semester I definitely have become a believer. I realize the changes technology has brought to our country and other places around the world. These changes have been great and we often hear the past generations complaining about them. We live in a changing world and no matter who complains we need to be ready to adapt to change and in this be willing to learn whatever we need to survive. I was that girl that slightly complained about change and now I have come to the knowledge that I need to wake up today and learn about this new phenomenon of technology. I’ve always been driven and I now more than ever want to learn all I can about computers and software. I’m willing to do whatever it takes, whether the last step is getting a personal tutor. Luckily in this last assignment I have learned where to go to find help and workshops concerning my many questions. I have learned about so many programs this semester that will aid me in teaching my future students.

•This two credit hour class will be so worthwhile for me and in the end I know that I’ll be able to say, “I REALLY DID LEARN SOMETHING VAULEABLE IN THIS CLASS.” This is why I’m at college, and am grateful to be able to say these kinds of sentences. I plan to use technology in my classes and I hope the school where I teach has many opportunities for me and my students to learn in such an environment. I’m going to be an English teacher and technology comes second to the subject. The two ideas might as well go together. In almost everything I teach some kind of technology is needed. For example, in researching the internet is such a needed tool. Then I can hardly wait to use all the things I’ve learned about such as PowerPoint and Google Documents in my classes. I will find several ways to use technology!

VIDEO: “THE CONNECTED CLASSROOM”

•The video makes me think back to the same idea of having a moral responsibility to teach our students, “how they learn best.” As teachers we are like the parent that knows best, we know the importance in preparing them for their “universe.” A universe that looks to technology in its future and relies on it more than the average person has come to realize. In the video, it talks about how the average learner will have twelve to fourteen jobs in their lifetime. I hope to prepare my students in accomplishing their goals and to survive such circumstances as changing jobs. I’ll teach them how to use technology and require assignments that will guide them as they become contributing citizens in our universe. Overall, I hope to teach my students the importance of technology and make sure they understand its value. I want them to know, “we are currently preparing people for jobs that don’t exist.” I will educate my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment