Strengths and Weaknesses: Planning on Accomplishing My Goals
•First, I notice that I struggle with technology that I have never been introduced to before in my education. Such as video conferencing and spread sheets. As I notice my weakness in taking the UNI survey I also know that this is the beginning to an introduction to unfamiliar technologies. I have noted that I need more experience using technologies in my classes. I am unfamiliar with displaying projectors and laser disc players. It may not be a bad idea for me to ask my teachers how they are able to get these technologies up and working in their classes. The biggest weakness I have is I sometimes choose not to use technology because I think it is “easier.” I would have never thought to use software to “display information graphically for brainstorming or decision making.” I figured this out from taking the UNI survey. Also, I lack a confidence in technology that I am slowing obtaining from taking this class. This would fall under the Net Standard as one of the requirements that says, “Teachers demonstrate a sound understanding of technology operations and concepts.” Another Net Standard talks about designing learning supported by technology and I have decided I need to plan for more technology in the current lesson plans I’m writing. A workshop that will help me overcome my weaknesses and accomplish my goals is called, "Multimedia Projects." In the class, I will learn about free software programs and websites that will help me teach my students. Then the next workshop is called, "Digital Video Projects." I don't know a lot about videos and confused about the set up and how it all works. This workshop will help achieve many of my goals as I seek to see the bigger picture.
•From my thoughts I came up with several goals I plan to accomplish through the help of this technology class. 1) I would like to become an expert concerning technology lingo. For example, in the UNI survey one of the questions is about using correct technology terminology. 2) I would like to envision the bigger picture of computers. (What computers are made up of and how outside things connect to it) For example, in the UNI survey one of the questions talks about installing software and trouble-shooting. (Etc) I would like to become an expert on these things. 3) I would really like to know how to use more technology devices to create more learning activities. 4) Based on the Net Standards I plan to evaluate myself as a teacher every month or so concluding how I’m doing using technology.
•As I have a lot to learn about technology I still have learned so much concerning the idea. I know more about technology than I would have imagined. Based on the Net Standards I understand the social, ethical, legal and human issues concerning technology. I understand that I have a moral responsibility to teach my students through technology. Also, I feel that I have accomplished a lot beginning in this class concerning the Net Standard regarding designing and effective learning environment supported by technology. For me creating PowerPoint activities and putting together WebQuests has been a first step in meeting this standard. From the UNI survey I noticed that I was knowledgeable on topics like databases. I am an English major and this has helped me a lot in learning about technology. My other strengths from the survey are being familiar with print layouts from taking a newspaper writing class.
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment